The Community of Procurement Professionals aims to help procurement professionals working in the NSW public sector build their capability in procurement and contract management.
The Community aims to achieve three main goals:
- Identify development needs of and opportunities for members
- Foster collaboration and sharing amongst members
- Harness collective knowledge and expertise of members to lift sector wide procurement capability
The Community is supported by NSW Procurement, a business unit within NSW Treasury.
Joining our community
The community is an active forum for members to share best practice, experience and learnings. It also serves as a hub for providing practical resources and insights that support the delivery of procurement savings within the sector. Our members are invited to events to meet other procurement professionals and hear from key speakers on a range of procurement topics. You will be invited to participate in programs that provide development opportunities within the NSW public sector. The community is also open to federal, local and other state counterparts.
Our events and newsletters
We host up to six events a year. Events have covered a diverse range of topics, including:
- Small Business Commission Tendering Support Program
- Second Life Initiative
- WoG Retail Electricity and Capacity Arrangements
- Leveraging Analytics and Automation in Procurement
- Introduction to Cost Benefit Analysis
- Making Strategic Partnerships Possible
Newsletters are released to members up to ten times a year advising of upcoming events and development opportunities,
To find out more about our upcoming events and other sector-wide initiatives for procurement professionals, join the community and receive our newsletter.
Members of the community gain access to the NSW Government Procurement Professionals Resource Centre that hosts previous event recordings, case studies and links to advertised Public sector procurement roles ..
Alternatively, see what training is aligned to your procurement capability level:
- Foundational - includes system training
- Intermediate - includes Effective Procurement Capabilities in NSW Public Sector
- Advanced - includes NSW Government Diploma & Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Contract Management
Or what training specifically relates to procurement systems.
Communities of Practice
Aboriginal Workforce Development Professionals
Customer Experience Professionals
Records Management Professionals
Workforce Analytics Professionals
Other Professional Networks